There is a long list of things I look for when evaluating a vehicle for a customer.
I won't reveal all my trade secrets, but here are a few tips that may help those who wish to car shop on their own.
- Does the vehicle have a clean ICBC history?
- Is the vehicle local or is it from an eastern "salty "climate?
- Is there evidence of tobacco or pets?
- Does the seller have his or her legal name on the current registration?
- Look through the glove box for evidence of maintenance receipts or body shop receipts.
Next comes the test drive, which should be left to a pro.
- Bill Mosher